LEAD RAILS ENGINEER
Are you the Full Stack Developer we’re looking for?
Are you interested in working with a small team where you can make a huge contribution? Join us at our Madison office!
We are looking for a full-stack developer to lead work on our cloud platform. If you understand the end-to-end mobile app ecosystem but like the server side best, then this is the job for you.
You will work closely with the VP of Software Engineering and Lead iOS Engineer to take our platform backend, API services, and web dashboard to the next level. Collaborate on architecture, implement new features, fix bugs, and help refactor our codebase into a lean and mean machine. As we grow, you will be the lead developer who is the backbone of our platform team.
How we would like you to help us:
- Write smart, focused, pragmatic code
- Collaborate on feature specification, design, development, and testing
- Research new libraries and techniques that can make our architecture great
What we’d like to see in the candidate:
- 5+ years professional experience in software development
- Strong experience with Ruby on Rails
- Strong experience with developing REST APIs
- Good understanding of automated testing
- Good understanding of the HTTP request lifecycle and caching
- Good understanding of data modeling and SQL
- Experience with cloud application platforms such as Heroku
- Experience with Amazon S3 and Cloudfront
- Good understanding of templating languages such as HAML, Slim, JBuilder
- Good understanding the asset pipeline and SASS/SCSS
- Experience working with Git and Github
- Experience with agile project workflow and tools such as Pivotal Tracker
Downtown Madison, WI
How to Apply
Interested candidates can apply via our contact page.